Forget about the LBD! What about the white dress! It is timeless.
There is something White. We are attracted to white the color signifies goodness, purity, new beginnings, lightness, and simplicity. I love the clean look of white in photoshoots your surrounding pop and the focus is really on the image.
Whether it be maternity photos, family photos, weddings, or bridal showers wearing the color white will make you feel beautiful!
If your contemplating what to wear for your photoshoot and are going back and forth between a few different colors, white may be your right choice. It is timeless and you will love your photos forever.
Hunting for bridesmaid dresses can be one of the most difficult parts of the wedding planning process. Before you decide what style of bridesmaid dresses you want, here are three important points to consider:
The location of your wedding,
The theme of your wedding,
And finally, but most importantly, your personal style.
The location of your wedding
Location. Location. Location. Once you pick out the perfect backdrop for your perfect day, the rest of the pieces should fall into place. The location helps guide you on the style and color of the bridesmaid gown.
For example, a scenic, lush, mountain view wedding would pair perfectly with bold colored bridesmaid gowns to capture the background.
A beach wedding might have bridesmaids wear something a bit softer, maybe soft, pastel colors, so the crystal blue water will pop in the photos.
Whereas a white winter wedding could suggest something a bit more glamorous, yet completely warm, for the bridesmaids, such as a fur coats or sequin gowns.
The theme of your wedding
The theme of the wedding can help guide you towards choosing the right bridesmaid gown for your girls.
For a beach wedding, the dresses could be flowy and airy. A traditional Church wedding could have the opposite effect: maybe choose something simple yet glamorous to match with the decor of the Church or reception room.
Your personal style
Your personal style needs to be at the front of your mind when selecting bridesmaid gowns.
Here are three questions to ask yourself:
What do you like to wear? Would you enjoy seeing these colors, patterns, and styles at your wedding? Would you wear it?
Tomorrow, I will be talking about the how to coordinate your style with your bridesmaids style thus creating a beautiful and cohesive wedding party.
Bridesmaids are such an important part of the entire process of getting married. From the bachelorette party, to the bridal shower, to the Big Day! Brides give their bridesmaids a gift before the wedding to show their appreciation for all their love, support, and hard work helping plan the wedding. I am the type of person that loves a gift that has meaning and also something that they will be able to USE again.
Below are 5 great gifts that I think your bridesmaids will love:
Jewelry: You can give your girls a piece of jewelry that they can wear the day of the wedding and even after. A lot of my jewelry pieces that I wear has meaning behind it, that is why I loved when I stumbled across the website http://www.dogeared.com. They have beautiful dainty jewelry that have meaning behind it. I bought all my bridesmaids the Pearls of Friendship Necklace. But If you wanted to personalize each piece of jewelry for your bridesmaids then you could do that to, and buy different pieces for each bridesmaids from the same collection. You could buy one maid earrings and another maid a necklace or ring depending on what they wear most.
2. Robe: You can give your bridesmaids something they can wear while they are getting ready. They can be comfortable and look cute in a pretty robe and they wont mess up their makeup or hair by pulling their clothes over their head. Your pictures with everyone getting ready will look amazing too. There are so many options in robes, but I am a stickler for floral prints and I love these robes by Plum Pretty Sugar and Heritage Wedding.
Plum Pretty Sugar: Silk Robes
Heritage Wedding: Set of 6 Cotton Robes
3. ToteBag: Every girl needs a simple tote bag. L.L Bean has a great selection of totes that can be monogramed in-house, are affordable, and are great quality. Your girls can use these bags the day of your wedding and can use them after. I have one that I love and I use it as a beach tote and travel bag.
4. JewelryDish: Your bridesmaids can keep these personalized jewelry dishes on their nightstand to keep their small treasures, or in the kitchen or studio to keep their rings from getting messy. These personalized jewelry dishes from Modern Mud are simple, and classic with a touch of glam accented in 22k gold.
5. Emergency Kit: The Pinch Provisions Survival Kit is the perfect tiny bag filled with everything necessary to fix any fashion or beauty emergency. It has hair spray, mints, fashion tape, static remover, clear nail polish, ibuprofen etc. This bag will come in handy the day of the wedding but your bridesmaids can also use it as a small makeup bag for your every day essentials.
Have you ever been to a wedding where the bridesmaids wore different dresses? Have you ever been on Pinterest and saw a photograph of a stunning bridal party wearing the same color dress with different accessories?
The options are endless when it comes to styling your bridesmaids, and each look can be achieved in a fairly simple fashion.
Remember, each of your bridesmaids are different; different bodies, personalities, and tastes. Your bridal party doesn’t have to have the “one style fits all” bridesmaid gown. They can feel comfortable and beautiful too! The photos will look even more spectacular with bridesmaids who look and feel fantastic.
Check out three different ways you can make your bridesmaids stand out:
1. Mix and Match:The color of the dress is not the only thing you can play with. Pick your favorite designer, color, and fabric and have your bridesmaids choose the style they would like to wear. Or, if you are feeling extra brave, you can play with different dress materials, or mix and match all three.
2. Choose a color/theme:If there is a color theme for your big day, be sure to base the colors of the mismatched dress in various tones of that central color. You can search the internet for different color tones and themes that will coordinate with your wedding.
3. Tie it all together: Select a uniform element that each girl can wear. It could be a piece of jewelry such as necklace, bracelet, or earrings. Or you can have the bridesmaids wear the same shoes or hairstyle. It’s ultimately up to you, but any way you go, these suggestions will tie your look together.
Of course, there are many options when it comes to mismatched bridesmaid gowns.
Same designer, different dress
Same dress in different colors Same dress in different lengths Same dress, different accessories or beauty looks
Same color, different dress Same color, different textures, and/or patterns Same color, length, fabric, different dress
If you are looking for beautiful bridesmaid dresses, contact me for a much-loved result.
I love when brides ask me to come to their wedding to wrap their bridesmaids. Nikki’s wedding was in Jensen Beach at the Mansion at Tuckahoe. The location was beautiful and overlooking the ocean. The bridesmaids wore the Signature convertible dress in tulip and looked stunning. Every girl was able to wear the dress in a style that they loved and felt comfortable in. I love seeing the bridesmaids feel beautiful and happy with their dresses.
I was not able to see the wedding decor of the wedding but I was lucky enough to receive such beautiful pictures of the wedding from wedding photographer, Jessica Bordner http://www.jessicabordner.com. I love the the way Nikki mixed beach, vintage and a romantic decor for her wedding. The attention to detail was beautifully done. When I looked at the pictures I loved all of them.