Finding the right undergarments for any dress can be a challenge. Here are a few of my favorite undergarments that work perfectly under our convertible dresses.
Spanx Super High Power $38: I have found that some of my customers will frown upon wearing Spanx. Spanx is a necessity under any dress and for every body type! They tame your tummy and create a seamless, hourglass silhouette. Who doesn’t want that! The higher waist falls very close to your bust line, and when you wrap the dress, you can not see the line of the top of the Spanx.
Fashion Forms U-Plunge Backless Bra $40: This is a great adhesive bra option for our dresses. It is the deepest plunge, backless, strapless garment on the market. It has padding in it which offers the most cleavage and also comes with a detachable halter strap that lends additional security and support. This bra works really well for the Deep V style option. This bra also has a side clear sticky extension.
Nu Bra $35: This is another adhesive bra that works very well with our dresses. It is completely free of any strap extension. Washable, and reusable. Totally backless, strapless and invisible under any dress. It has a front closure for cleavage and lift. I tell my customers to wrap themselves in the style they are going to wear first, and then slip these on individually. (see video below) They do not even need to be clipped together. They stay in place and give you a smooth finish under your dress.
Hollywood Tape $10: The famous fashion tape! Easy-to-use, clear double-stick apparel and body tape. It is gentle on the skin, hypoallergenic and leaves no residue on fabrics. I don’t know about you, but I still can’t figure out how to use a safety-pin without it being seen. This is a much better option.
If you are busty and do not feel like any of these options will be good for you, your not out of luck! You can wear your strapless bra with our matching tube top!
XO – Francesca
On April 7th 2017 my cousin Chelsea married the love of her life Josh Trotta. They had dated for 7 years and when he asked her to marry him on Christmas Day 2015 we could not have been more happy for them!
I was the MOH and my daughter Rosalina was one of the flower girls. It was such a fun and memorable day full of laughs, tears, and a night of non stop dancing!
Chelsea asked me if I would outfit the girls in Nuova Vita convertible dresses which was exciting for me. It was amazing to be apart of her vision and witness her romantic rustic chic wedding come to life.
Chelsea picked the Convertible Gown in the color twighlight which is what I would call a dusty gray lavender. She paired the dresses with bouquets of Amnesia Roses which matched the dresses perfectly, Hydrangeas, and Dusty Miller which is a grey like accent greenery.
Here are some pictures of the wedding and a bonus is the beautiful wedding clip at the end.
XO – Francesca
Bridesmaids are such an important part of the entire process of getting married. From the bachelorette party, to the bridal shower, to the Big Day! Brides give their bridesmaids a gift before the wedding to show their appreciation for all their love, support, and hard work helping plan the wedding. I am the type of person that loves a gift that has meaning and also something that they will be able to USE again.
Below are 5 great gifts that I think your bridesmaids will love:
- Jewelry: You can give your girls a piece of jewelry that they can wear the day of the wedding and even after. A lot of my jewelry pieces that I wear has meaning behind it, that is why I loved when I stumbled across the website http://www.dogeared.com. They have beautiful dainty jewelry that have meaning behind it. I bought all my bridesmaids the Pearls of Friendship Necklace. But If you wanted to personalize each piece of jewelry for your bridesmaids then you could do that to, and buy different pieces for each bridesmaids from the same collection. You could buy one maid earrings and another maid a necklace or ring depending on what they wear most.
2. Robe: You can give your bridesmaids something they can wear while they are getting ready. They can be comfortable and look cute in a pretty robe and they wont mess up their makeup or hair by pulling their clothes over their head. Your pictures with everyone getting ready will look amazing too. There are so many options in robes, but I am a stickler for floral prints and I love these robes by Plum Pretty Sugar and Heritage Wedding.
Plum Pretty Sugar: Silk Robes
Heritage Wedding: Set of 6 Cotton Robes
3. Tote Bag: Every girl needs a simple tote bag. L.L Bean has a great selection of totes that can be monogramed in-house, are affordable, and are great quality. Your girls can use these bags the day of your wedding and can use them after. I have one that I love and I use it as a beach tote and travel bag.
4. Jewelry Dish: Your bridesmaids can keep these personalized jewelry dishes on their nightstand to keep their small treasures, or in the kitchen or studio to keep their rings from getting messy. These personalized jewelry dishes from Modern Mud are simple, and classic with a touch of glam accented in 22k gold.
5. Emergency Kit: The Pinch Provisions Survival Kit is the perfect tiny bag filled with everything necessary to fix any fashion or beauty emergency. It has hair spray, mints, fashion tape, static remover, clear nail polish, ibuprofen etc. This bag will come in handy the day of the wedding but your bridesmaids can also use it as a small makeup bag for your every day essentials.
Hope you like my ideas!
XO – Francesca
This year especially I have been receiving more orders for our black convertible gowns, and I have to say a black and white wedding is one of my favorites. Black and white has been around forever and is known for it’s classic look. What I really love about black and white is that it is a clean neutral palette that can be taken in so many different directions depending on your style. It can be classic, romantic or even glam.
Classic: I love a classic black and white wedding with hints of gold.
Romantic: if you bring in a soft color like a dusty rose, it will soften up the black and white color scheme
Glamour: to achieve a more glamorous look you can add pops of red, a damask pattern or even some bling
Black and white is one of the most popular and diverse color schemes a couple could pick for their wedding. Have fun with it and let your personality show through.