Today I will show you how to create the knot shoulder with your dress. The knot shoulder is one of my favorite styles because you can place the knot as high or as low as you want depending on your style preference.
Please view the video as well as the step by step instructions.
1. Step into dress or place over head so that sashes are facing the front.
2. Tie a single knot on each sash – knot can be as high or low as you like.
3. Bring sashes down the back and create desired back design – criss-cross, twist etc
4. Then bring the sashes down and around the waist and tie and/or tuck in front or back of the dress.
You can also twist the back of your dress to create a whole different back.
You can style the dress in a halter style as well. The possibilities are endless.
XO – Francesca
Bridesmaids are such an important part of the entire process of getting married. From the bachelorette party, to the bridal shower, to the Big Day! Brides give their bridesmaids a gift before the wedding to show their appreciation for all their love, support, and hard work helping plan the wedding. I am the type of person that loves a gift that has meaning and also something that they will be able to USE again.
Below are 5 great gifts that I think your bridesmaids will love:
- Jewelry: You can give your girls a piece of jewelry that they can wear the day of the wedding and even after. A lot of my jewelry pieces that I wear has meaning behind it, that is why I loved when I stumbled across the website http://www.dogeared.com. They have beautiful dainty jewelry that have meaning behind it. I bought all my bridesmaids the Pearls of Friendship Necklace. But If you wanted to personalize each piece of jewelry for your bridesmaids then you could do that to, and buy different pieces for each bridesmaids from the same collection. You could buy one maid earrings and another maid a necklace or ring depending on what they wear most.
2. Robe: You can give your bridesmaids something they can wear while they are getting ready. They can be comfortable and look cute in a pretty robe and they wont mess up their makeup or hair by pulling their clothes over their head. Your pictures with everyone getting ready will look amazing too. There are so many options in robes, but I am a stickler for floral prints and I love these robes by Plum Pretty Sugar and Heritage Wedding.
Plum Pretty Sugar: Silk Robes
Heritage Wedding: Set of 6 Cotton Robes
3. Tote Bag: Every girl needs a simple tote bag. L.L Bean has a great selection of totes that can be monogramed in-house, are affordable, and are great quality. Your girls can use these bags the day of your wedding and can use them after. I have one that I love and I use it as a beach tote and travel bag.
4. Jewelry Dish: Your bridesmaids can keep these personalized jewelry dishes on their nightstand to keep their small treasures, or in the kitchen or studio to keep their rings from getting messy. These personalized jewelry dishes from Modern Mud are simple, and classic with a touch of glam accented in 22k gold.
5. Emergency Kit: The Pinch Provisions Survival Kit is the perfect tiny bag filled with everything necessary to fix any fashion or beauty emergency. It has hair spray, mints, fashion tape, static remover, clear nail polish, ibuprofen etc. This bag will come in handy the day of the wedding but your bridesmaids can also use it as a small makeup bag for your every day essentials.
Hope you like my ideas!
XO – Francesca